Dancers with Disabilities Continue to Fight for Acceptance is the title of an article published last week which depicts the story of a wheelchair bound dance troupe struggling to continue their practice. Kitty Lunn and Alice Sheppard started their very own dance company, Dance/NYC to help fill a void of disabled dance companies. Lunn, classically trained in ballet, was a professional dancer before a spinal cord injury left her wheelchair bound in 1987. Both Lin and Sheppard advocate for disability rights extending beyond wheelchair accommodation and crutches.
- Sleep Problems in Elderly Adults and How to Improve Sleep Quality with Age
- Dangers of Obesity in the Elderly and How Seniors Can Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Wheelchair Accessible Travel Tips for Your Next Vacation
- Elderly Nutrition: What Foods Should the Elderly Avoid
- The Benefits of Handcycle Exercise for the Mobility Challenged